Updated 5/6/2020: As BT continues to monitor the events surrounding COVID-19 additional service changes are necessary to reflect our current ridership.
Effective Sunday, May 10, BT will begin our summer service operating on reduced service in Blacksburg. Along with a reduced number of routes in service, the hours of operation are also reduced on weekends.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday through Friday: 7 am - 9:45 pm
- Saturday: 9:30 am - 7:15 pm
- Sunday: 11:30 am - 7:15 pm
Routes in Service:
The BT Commuter and Explorer routes have been suspended until further notice. Additional service has been added to the Christiansburg Go Anywhere service; passengers should call 540-443-7111 to schedule trips. Only essential trips will be accepted.
The passenger limit implemented on 3/25 remains in effect.
- 9 passengers on Blacksburg buses,
- 4 passengers on Christiansburg service and Warm Hearth,
- 1 passenger (and personal care attendant, if authorized) on BT Access.
BT is committed to ensuring the safety of our community and employees. This precaution is in addition to cleaning our buses and practicing social distancing within our facilities. We ask that everyone do their part to #flattenthecurve and only take essential trips when necessary.
Best Practices and Resources