All BT routes in Blacksburg and Christiansburg will operate fare free from Thursday 5/16 through Sunday 5/19. Additional service will be added in Blacksburg, please see details below.
BT will begin operating on reduced service in Blacksburg on Thursday 5/16. Most routes will operate on 30 minute frequency, except where noted. Some routes end at 6:45 pm, while others continue until 10 pm – please check each route for details. This page will be updated, please check for updates.
All routes will operates on the reduced service schedule; the Hokie Express has been added to the schedule and will operate from 7 am – 6:45 pm. All routes will operate on 30 minute frequency, except where noted.
All routes will operates on the reduced service schedule; the Hokie Express has been added to the schedule and will operate from 6:30 am – 6:45 pm. All routes will operate on 30 minute frequency, except where noted. Campus will be very congested potentially causing significant delays. Start early and allow extra time for travel.
Special On-Campus Commencement Shuttles designed to move riders around the campus will operate from 7 am until 4 pm on Friday only. The shuttles will be identified with window signage that reads On-Campus Commencement Shuttle.
These shuttles will operate continuously between parking on Perry Street and Life Science Circle to the Lane Stadium/Cassell Coliseum area. See image for map of stops.
To catch these shuttles you can:
- Stand at any BT stop along the shuttle route. These stops will be marked with commencement shuttle signage.
- Signal the bus operator, from the sidewalk, by waving your hands anywhere along the commencement shuttle route. The shuttle will stop at a safe location along the route so you can board. This is only applicable to On-Campus Commencement Shuttles not reduced service route buses.
The reduced service routes Toms Creek, Hethwood/Harding and Main Street will begin service early at 7 am, the Two Town Trolley will begin as normal at 10:15 am. No additional service will be provided.
- BT’s Hours of Operation (see Reduced Service Info)
- Downloadable route maps and timetables
- VT Commencement
- BT Access Information (paratransit service)
- VT Commencement Accessibility InformationCommencement Accessibility Information
Commencement Tips: Campus will be very congested. BT will continue to operate, however delays should be expected.
- Start Early.
- START EARLY.
- START EARLY.