Blacksburg Transit operates four routes within the Town of Christiansburg, The Explorer, Go Anywhere, Commuter and the Two Town Trolley. Descriptions of each follow below. Seatbelts are required for all Go Anywhere and Explorer adult passengers and older children big enough for seat belts to fit properly at all times when the vehicle is in motion. Child safety seats must be used, when appropriate.
The Explorer Blue and Gold routes cover many of the residential areas and the businesses in Christiansburg and the shopping district near the NRV Mall. With two hourly routes and the ability to request deviations, riders can travel to a wide range of popular locations within the town. Please visit the Hours of Operation page for hours of service. Fare information can be found here: Fares page.
Tips for reading the schedule:
- Stops are listed in the order served, however not all are listed.
- Stop times are estimated; please arrive at least five minutes before the posted departure time.
- A yellow triangle represents a time check, a location where the bus does not leave before the designated time.
- Several areas, especially along Roanoke Street, have stops along both sides of the street.
- The Explorer Blue and Gold routes may deviate off the route to drop off or pick up passengers as long as the deviation meets certain criteria.
- Passengers may request a deviation stop in two ways:
- After boarding - ask the operator to request approval for a deviation stop.
- Before boarding, e.g. when the location begins off the route - call BT two hours in advance of the desired pickup time, and request a deviation stop.
Requests are considered on a first come, first served basis, and will be approved if: (1) the requested stop is an approved location, (2) the deviation will take not more than five minutes, and (3) the deviation will not result in the route being late. To request a deviation please call two hours in advance on the day the deviation is being requested. Between 7 a.m. and 12 p.m. call 540-443-7111, between 12 and 5 p.m. call 540-443-1500.
Plain and simple, the Go Anywhere route will pick you up and take you anywhere within the Town of Christiansburg. Please visit the Hours of Operation page for service hours and the Fares page, for applicable fares. Reservations are required.
Tips for scheduling a Go Anywhere trip:
- Reserve your trip by calling 540-443-7111. Reservation hours for Go Anywhere have been temporarily extended to 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Reservations are not accepted by voicemail.
- Reservations can be made up to fourteen days in advance. All reservations are first come, first served, including same day reservations.
- Cancellations must be made at least two hours prior to the scheduled pick-up time, and can be left on voicemail.
As of December 2020, this service has been suspended.
The Commuter route provides service between Christiansburg and Blacksburg, Monday through Friday based around a traditional work schedule of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. One trip in a morning takes riders from Christiansburg to Blacksburg, and a return trip in the afternoon takes riders from Blacksburg back to Christiansburg. The bus makes multiple stops in Christiansburg, the Virginia Tech campus and surrounding area. Click for Fare info.
- Route Schedule & Map [pdf]
The Two Town Trolley provides an hourly connection between Blacksburg and the shopping district near the NRV mall in Christiansburg. This route is a semi-express service between the two towns. The bus makes multiple stops in Christiansburg and limited stops between Christiansburg and Blacksburg. The Two Town Trolley operates seven days a week.