The Explorer will resume service on 2/15. The Explorer route covers many of the residential areas and the businesses in Christiansburg and the shopping district near the NRV Mall. With two hourly routes and the ability to request deviations, riders can travel to a wide range of popular locations within the town. Please visit the Hours of Operation page for hours of service. Fare information can be found here: Fares page
Tips for reading the schedule:
- Stops are listed in the order served, however not all are listed.
- Stop times are estimated; please arrive at least five minutes before the posted departure time.
- A yellow triangle represents a time check, a location where the bus does not leave before the designated time.
- Several areas, especially along Roanoke Street, have stops along both sides of the street.
- The Explorer Blue and Gold routes may deviate off the route to drop off or pick up passengers as long as the deviation meets certain criteria.
- Passengers may request a deviation stop in two ways:
- After boarding - ask the operator to request approval for a deviation stop.
- Before boarding, e.g. when the location begins off the route - call BT two hours in advance of the desired pickup time, and request a deviation stop.
Requests are considered on a first come, first served basis, and will be approved if: (1) the requested stop is an approved location, (2) the deviation will take not more than five minutes, and (3) the deviation will not result in the route being late. To request a deviation please call two hours in advance on the day the deviation is being requested. Between 7 a.m. and 12 p.m. call 540-443-7111, between 12 and 5 p.m. call 540-443-1500.
Plain and simple, the Go Anywhere route will pick you up and take you anywhere within the Town of Christiansburg. Please visit the Hours of Operation page for service hours and the Fares page, for applicable fares. Reservations are required.
Tips for scheduling a Go Anywhere trip:
- Reserve your trip by calling 540-443-7111. Reservation hours for Go Anywhere have been temporarily extended to 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Reservations are not accepted by voicemail.
- Reservations can be made up to fourteen days in advance. All reservations are first come, first served, including same day reservations.
- Cancellations must be made at least two hours prior to the scheduled pick-up time, and can be left on voicemail.
Connections between Christiansburg and Blacksburg
Beginning Monday, 3/15 BT will offer new connective service between Blacksburg and Christiansburg. For riders that live in Christiansburg but need to travel to Blacksburg, getting back and forth between towns has never been easier. Through the Go Anywhere service, riders can book morning trips from Christiansburg to Virginia Tech’s campus and evening trips from Virginia Tech back to Christiansburg. Reservations must be made in advance – same day trips will not be accepted.
Hours of Service:
- 7 AM – 10 AM for trips from Christiansburg to Virginia Tech (trips from Blacksburg to Christiansburg cannot be booked during this time period)
- 3 PM – 6 PM for trips from Virginia Tech to Christiansburg (trips from Christiansburg to Blacksburg cannot be booked during this time period)
Passengers should expect these trips to last up to 30 minutes and possibly include additional passengers. Pickups and drop-offs are permitted anywhere within the town limits of Christiansburg and anywhere on Virginia Tech’s campus.
As of December 2020, this service has been temporarily suspended. Please use Go Anywhere at this time.
The Commuter route provides service between Christiansburg and Blacksburg, Monday through Friday based around a traditional work schedule of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. One trip in a morning takes riders from Christiansburg to Blacksburg, and a return trip in the afternoon takes riders from Blacksburg back to Christiansburg. The bus makes multiple stops in Christiansburg, the Virginia Tech campus and surrounding area. Click for Fare info.
- Route Schedule & Map [pdf]
The Two Town Trolley provides an hourly connection between Blacksburg and the shopping district near the NRV mall in Christiansburg. This route is a semi-express service between the two towns. The bus makes multiple stops in Christiansburg and limited stops between Christiansburg and Blacksburg. The Two Town Trolley operates seven days a week.