Blacksburg Service Levels
BT adjusts service levels in Blacksburg to correspond with the Virginia Tech academic calendar – “Full Service” when Virginia Tech is in session, e.g. fall and spring semesters, and “Reduced Service” during most other times. The definitions and hours of operation of each can be found below:
- Full Service - This is our peak service operated during the fall and spring semesters. During Full Service all routes are in operation with the most frequent service, typically every 10-15 minutes during the busiest hours between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. Buses generally run until after midnight or later, depending on the day. Exception: There are a total of eight service days that operate on “intermediate” service. On these days routes operate the same hours as Full Service and all routes are in service but buses run less frequently. Please review our Operating Calendar for additional information.
- Reduced Service - This service operates during all university break periods, e.g.Winter, Spring, Summer and Fall breaks. Each route provides 30 minute to hourly service. Some routes do not operate, while others are combined.
|FULL SERVICE & INTERMEDIATE HOURS||REDUCED SERVICE HOURS|
|Monday - Thursday||7 am - 12:45 am||7 am - 9:45 pm|
|Friday||7 am - 2:45 am||7 am - 9:45 pm|
|Saturday||9:30 am - 2:45 am||9:30 am - 9:15 pm|
|Sunday||9:30 am - 10:45 pm||9:30 am - 7:15 pm|
* Service will end at 7:15 pm on December 24, 2022
Christiansburg Service Levels
Christiansburg services operate the same schedule all year.
|GO ANYWHERE! CHRISTIANSBURG||THE EXPLORER|
|Monday - Friday||7 a.m. - 5:45 p.m.||7 a.m. - 6:40 p.m.|
|Saturday||9:30 a.m. - 4:45 p.m.||No Service|
|Sunday||No Service||No Service|
No Service Days
Blacksburg Transit does not operate on the following holidays, applies to all BT services:
- New Year's Day (January 1)
- Memorial Day (Last Monday in May)
- Independence Day (July 4)
- Thanksgiving Day (4th Thursday in November)
- Christmas Day (December 25)
Please check the service calendar for detailed information, or call 540-443-1500.